Key Purpose and Context:
To provide high quality financial and administrative support within Project 6, a registered charity who provide services for individuals, families and communities affected by substance use, and those who may be experiencing multiple disadvantages. The post will include duties across multiple sites, to ensure the smooth running of the charity’s daily activities.
Finance and Admin Officer:
- Coordinate and monitor financial transactions and activities, such as purchase ordering, invoice entry/payment and sales invoicing, using the Xero accounting package.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding contracts, billing and orders, e.g. utilities, insurance providers etc.
- Ensure that all income and expenditure is correctly coded and allocated to the appropriate project.
- Responsibility for organisational banking/reconciliation procedures.
- Maintain databases and excel spreadsheets, as appropriate.
- Keep appropriate, accurate and up to date records, ensuring that backing documentation is filed and accessible through Microsoft Teams.
- Assist with the monthly payroll and pension processing.
- Produce financial reports and activity-monitoring returns to external funders.
- Coordinate external audit visits.
- Create a wide range of documents, including publicity, financial reports, correspondence.
- Arrange for maintenance of office systems and computer equipment, as required, and support colleagues in it’s use.
- Assist in provision of computer networking maintenance and support to the wider team.
- Support the wider Admin Team in maintaining health and safety records, implementing risk assessments, and arranging premises maintenance.
- Oversee the management of stationery, sundries and consumables, and the allocation of mobile phones, keys and other tangible resources.
- Process and action incoming and outgoing post and petty cash.
- Clerical tasks such as photocopying /scanning and filing, in support of activities.
- Assist in the provision of the telephone reception service: deal with enquiries, take messages, give information, and transfer calls to the appropriate department.
- Provide occasional reception service to clients and others attending the service; greet and welcome clients and visitors to the agency.
Please access the job description link (bottom right of page) for thorough and detailed information regarding this role and refer to the person specification for any role-specific qualification and experience criteria.
Project 6 would be delighted to see applications from all the communities we exist to support, particularly from people from BAME communities who are under-represented within our organisation.
The Application process
For the initial stage of application we ask all applicants to fill out the form below.
For most roles we have two stages; one will be an interview to a panel, which is currently done via Zoom or Microsoft Teams. The further stage will be at one of our offices where you will get to meet the team and have a look around the office. This interview is normally role play based, where you will be given a situational based task.
Most roles require an enhanced DBS check. https://hub.unlock.org.uk/ is a great source of information or please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Pay Care: Pay Care Plan to keep you happy and healthy we pay for a plan that helps to cover the costs against everyday healthcare costs, such as visiting the dentist or optician, and unexpected treatments associated with accidents or injuries, allowing you to claim back up to 100% of the costs.
Job sharing is offered on all jobs if you wish to be considered for job sharing please state this in your application
If you have any question about the any of the roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org informal inquiries do not form part of the assessment process for a role.
If you wish to apply for this role please fill in the form below: