To co-ordinate finance and administrative support across multi sites to ensure the smooth running of the charity’s daily activities. To support the Finance Director in ensuring that proper accounting records are maintained in accordance with Charity and Company law.
- To ensure the smooth running of the finance department across the organisation
- To ensure all transactions are inputted to our accounting package (Xero) in a timely and accurate manner.
- To work with colleagues in the Income, Development and Impact team and Operations to ensure effective communication results in transactions being applied accurately to the appropriate funding stream.
- To produce internal financial reports to aid operational team leaders with budget management.
- To co-ordinate the provision of reception, H.R., administrative and financial services across the organisation.
- To oversee the monthly payroll and pension processing.
- To maintain databases and excel spreadsheets as appropriate, and ensure that backing documentation is filed and is accessible through Teams.
- To oversee monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations, and petty cash and pre-pay card expenditure.
- To support the preparation of the annual financial accounts, papers for the Board and funding returns.
- To assist in raising the financial awareness and financial management skills of budget managers.
- To oversee the management of stationery, sundries and consumables, and the allocation of mobile phones, keys and other tangible resources.
- To assist in the ongoing review of financial processes and procedures, identifying where we can make use of technology to streamline existing systems and practices.
Please check the job description/person specification for more detailed information.
The Application process
The first stage of application we ask all applicants to fill out the form below.
Our usual recruitment process involves two stages; one will be an interview for a panel which is currently done over Zoom and another stage will be at one of our offices where you will get to meet the team, have a look around the office and complete a situational-based task.
Most roles require an enhanced DBS check. https://hub.unlock.org.uk/ is a great source of information or please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Paycare: Paycare Plan to keep you happy and healthy… We pay for a plan that helps to cover everyday healthcare costs, such as visiting the dentist or optician, and unexpected treatments associated with accidents or injuries, allowing you to claim back up to 100% of the costs.
Job sharing is offered on all jobs if you wish to be considered for job sharing please state this in your application
If you have any questions about the any of the roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org; informal inquiries do not form part of the assessment process for a role.